photo swritesss_zpsc25e734e.png

Saturday 27 July 2013

Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask

First post! I'm not really sure if anyone's going to read this, but if you do, thanks!

Even at the ripe old age of 23 I'm yet to rid my face of the big, clogged pores that developed in my teenage years. So, unsurprisingly, clay masks are a must have in my bathroom cabinet. I've tried a fair few recently but this one from the Botanics range at Boots is my absolute favourite. 



As the Botanics name tag suggests, what's inside the tube is all natural. There's the oceanic clay (obviously) which will absorb excess oil and draw out impurities and some willowbark, a natural source of salicylic acid, which is known to target any imperfections. And the ingredients are all approved by the experts at Kew Gardens - perfect.

It's a little thinner than other clay masks I've used, but I quite liked that about it. It doesn't take a long time to dry either and washes away fairly quickly, which is great, I hate it when you really have to scrub! I notice a real difference in my skin afterwards: no shine, no tightness and it's really smooth too. Basically, super clean! The packaging claims that anyone can use the mask, but it's specifically designed for those of us with oily or combination skin and if that's you, then I can thoroughly recommend it. 

I hadn't tried anything from the Botanics range until now, but this mask has won me over and I'm sure it won't be long until my second purchase! I paid £6.99 for mine but at the moment it's a little cheaper at £5.49 on the Boots website

What do you think? Have you tried this mask before? 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment