photo swritesss_zpsc25e734e.png

Sunday 1 December 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

I'm really, really quite late to the party with this one. I know there's tonnes of reviews of this foundation plastered all over the blogosphere already but I wanted to add an opinion from little old me anyway.


Rimmel isn't usually a brand I'd look to for foundation having been pretty unimpressed with everything I'd tried from them before. I admit to being a little bit of a brand snob and overlooking the lower priced ones when it comes to things I put on my skin. Anyway, someone recommended it to me on Twitter during a #bbloggers chat when I asked for foundations ideal for oily combination skin and I thought I'd give it a go.

First things first, I wasn't overly impressed with the shade options, there were very few but luckily the palest one, ivory, seems to be a good match for me. There's a pump too, always a bonus of course. In terms of texture, it's quite thick, but not overly so. I just apply mine with a regular foundation brush and it seems to blend really well. It does take a good 1 1/2 to 2 pumps to get good coverage however. Of course you can layer it for whatever level of coverage you want. It's staying power so far has been excellent. Normally with the stuffy office air my foundation with cakes and goes orange quite a lot in the week, not so with this one.

In the bottle it looks really shimmery, which I didn't realise until I got home. I thought this would look a little bit over the top once applied. Luckily though, you don't really see the shimmer on your face. The foundation gives a really nice bright coverage, rather than making you look like a bauble as I'd expected! It also has a really lovely scent (I'm a sucker for anything fragrant!) which makes applying it that little bit nicer!

So all in all, I've been really impressed with this and I'm definitely going to keep using it on a regular basis. Have you tried the Wake Me Up Foundation? What did you think? If anyone's tried the concealer let me know what it's like!

You can get a bottle for £8.99 at Superdrug here.

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment